Established in 1915, it was the mansion of Beiyang Warlord Zhang Xun, in which there are two brick-timber structure buildings and one bungalow, which is an ancient building combining Chinese and western styles. It was the location of headquarters of the new fourth army, the CPC Southeast Division, the CPC Military Commission new fourth army branch and new fourth army office in Jiangxi. It is the birthplace of the Red Army of eight provinces in south China, reforming center of partisan troops and the new fourth army. It is identified as provincial-level cultural relic protection unit and provincial-level patriotic education base for its significant historical value. It was rated as national 4A-level tourist attraction by China National Tourism Administration in November 2014.